John and I agreed to pretty much not necessarily try...but not try NOT to try. I'd been off the pill for a few months and it hadn't been an issue, with a busy me and a husband who is in school from 6am to 6pm and in bed by 9, while I am a night owl. So that was pretty much that, and I started taking folic acid. You know. Just in case. I started doing a little reading. You know. Just in case.After a certain sunday afternoon - ahem - study break for John (waca waca), I consulted my already created Excel calendar. You know just to check. And thought, hm, timing could be interesting.
A week goes by. I look at the spreadsheet a few times and think again, hm.
A week goes by. My boobs start hurting and I think, hm, this normally doesn't happen until about 5 days before the proverbial Aunt Flo. I know I should start on Monday or Tuesday since I am normally (shocker) like clockwork. I decide not to obsess about it until that Monday.
Monday cometh. No Flo.
Monday cometh. No Flo.
I stopped at CVS and bought a two-pack of First Response, figuring I would go with the one with the March of Dimes logo - as we'd done work for them, I thought the client karma would be good. I went to bed...thinking well, Flo often arrives late night (also a night owl, apparently). Flash forward to 2am...and I go for The Stick. Here's how it went down.
I do my deal, and sit there, watching the magical control line appear. And then that was it. I waited another moment or two to make sure nothing else dramatic happened. Not so much. Wait...did I see a light pink line showing up? "No way. Is it? Nahh. That is *so* light. It's probably just from the test itself. I'm going to bed."7am. I scan the instructions again just enough to note the mention of "even if the line is light, you are pregnant". Hm. Again, with the second stick. Same deal. Another light line. This just might be the real deal. I was incredulous, and that pretty much sums it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment